The Heriot-Watt University Energy Academy is a pan-university initiative supported by all Schools at the Edinburgh and Orkney campuses.
Our Principal Objectives are:
- To consolidate energy research activities and facilitate interdisciplinary programmes, both within the university and with other HEIs
- To ensure external parties can easily gain an appreciation of our vision, skills-base and active research projects
Areas Of Research
R&D activities at Heriot-Watt University are designed to be demand-driven and in line with current priority industry and government objectives. Further information on each of the sectors can be found by clicking on the links below or by contacting us.
- Energy Generation, Conversion & Storage- Prof. Mercedes Maroto-Valer
- Intermittency of Supply, Storage & Control - Dr Edward Owens
- Economy, Policy & Strategy - Prof Mike Danson, Dr Bing Xu, Prof Chris Leishman
Facilities & Equipment
Heriot-Watt University offers an impressive range of laboratories, workshops and specialised equipment which can be accessed by companies for their own use.