Next steps for the Internet of Things - commercial opportunities, service development and connected homes
This seminar will bring out latest thinking on priorities for supporting the growth and development of the Internet of Things (IoT) in the home and in communities.
The agenda includes discussion on the role IoT and connected homes might play in improving energy efficiency. Delegates will also discuss the infrastructure improvements required to deliver IoT at scale, the opportunities for British businesses to take a lead in the IoT market, and next steps for delivering on the government’s aim of improving energy efficiency.
Further sessions consider the challenges for implementing key measures from the Government’s Industrial Strategy white paper, which sets out plans to grow the economy through technological innovations such as IoT, as well as what further action might be taken by Government, industry and universities to underpin the sector’s future success.
areas for discussion include:
• The developing commercial market, partnerships and opportunities for UK businesses;
• IoT in the community - with focus on developing local services - such as transport, investment and overcoming barriers to innovation;
• Connected homes - including infrastructure, and its use in improving energy efficiency as outlined in the Clean Growth Strategy;
• Addressing data security and privacy concerns;
• Standards, interoperability and linking with emerging technology; and
• Priorities for regulation and policy.
To download the draft agenda, click here
To register for the event, click here