NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EARLY CAREER EXPLORERS SUPPORTED BY SKY OCEAN RESCUE
UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, and Austria
Sky and National Geographic are looking for the next generation of marine scientists and engineers to run marine-based projects. This call offers less experienced individuals (born after 1st January 1986 and studying for—or have recently completed a master’s or Ph.D. in a relevant subject OR be working in ocean conservation or marine technology with less than six years of experience in the field ) an opportunity to lead a project and enhance the impact of their work.
To be eligible for this grant you must:
- Be passionate about protecting marine spaces and enhancing our understanding of the ocean, and be willing and excited to convey this to the general public.
- Propose a research, technology, or conservation project that will advance our knowledge of the ocean and the challenges it currently faces (e.g., climate change, coastal development, pollution, threats to biodiversity, microplastics, unsustainable fishing practices); develop technology to advance ocean exploration or protection; or effect changes in policy or behaviour, including through community-based projects that will protect the future of the ocean. Preference will be given to projects focused on the North Sea, North Atlantic, and Mediterranean.
- Be studying for—or have recently completed—a master’s or Ph.D. in a relevant subject OR be working in ocean conservation or marine technology with less than six years of experience in the field.
- Be born after January 1, 1986.
- Propose a unique and independently led project that will start between 1st May and 1st August 2018 and involve marine-based work in Europe. The project should show a desire to take risks, think differently, and push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Demonstrate a wide reach for the project (e.g., in terms of direct beneficiaries, potential audience, scale of impact).
Hold citizenship or permanent residency status in either Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK, or Ireland.*
Successful applicants would be awarded up to $10,000 USD for projects lasting for up to 1-year in duration
More information and an application form can be downloaded here
To discuss this initiative and find out more about the call, contact
Dr Claire McNulty, National Geographic; Senior Director, Programs and Explorer Development, Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org or call UK: +44 (0)2034267484; Mobile: +44 (0)7384 249462
Be quick this call is anticipated to close soon