Impact Engineers Call
EPSRC IAA funds will be made available to support ‘Impact Engineers’ for clusters of academics who wish to create demonstrators and create capacity to help deliver high impact research outcomes in collaboration with SME’s and industry, leading from EPSRC funded research.
Impact Engineers will help build new industrial relationships and catalyse new impact routes and partnerships not already identified. The posts should enable a dedicated resource to help develop demonstrations, to showcase research and help turn ideas and problems, where possible, into tangible-prototypes and innovative solutions.
What activity can be included?
• Develop of demonstrations
• Short feasibility studies
• Showcase events & industry focused workshops
Public engagement can be supported where it can demonstrated that there is clear impact but it should not be the main focus or primary role of the Impact Engineer, activity should be externally focused and directed at stakeholders, e.g. schools, the public or policy makers.
Applications should meet the following criteria:
• Clear need for the post to help deliver high impact research outcomes.
• Evidence that the post will go beyond normal technical support and help foster new pathways to impact and industry relations.
• The posts should support one or more of the Heriot-Watt Global Research Initiative challenge themes, where we have expertise and capacity to contribute to global research challenges, these themes include;
o Sustainable Energy
o Digital Transition
o Resilient Communities
Projects that demonstrate strategic fit to one or more of these themes will be given priority.
For more information on the initiative, contact Carolyn Brock by e-mail or by telephone on x 3072
To download more information on the initiative and how to make an application, click here
Please notice that this initiative is only open to Heriot-Watt researchers. Applications must be received by November 22nd 2017. Good luck